The Manchester restaurant scene is a vibrant and exciting collection to say the least. Always changing, moving and renewing to stay ahead of the fierce competition – And of course to stay on top of the “In Crowd”.
My list is from personal experience, but also a popular choice based on other peoples reviews.
1. Bem Brasil Bar & Restaurant (Latin American) 0161 923 6888 – 58 Lever Street, M1 1FJ
Perfect choice for meat lovers (or even better if you are on the caveman diet).
2. Blacksticks Restaurant (English / Modern) 0161 788 7227 – 221 Monton Road, M30 9PN
Very modern and cosy place – High quality English dishes and well known for their high quality and daily sourced fresh produce
3. El Rincon (Spanish & Tapas) 0161 839 8819 – 244 Deansgate, M3 4BQ
Chaming and authentic Spanish Tapas restaurant – El Rincon is a real hidden gem for manchester (the challenge is finding the place.. But that’s part of it’s uniqueness of course)
4. Akbars Restaurant (Indian) 0161 834 8444 – 73-83 Liverpool Road, M3 4NQ
Considers by many to be one of the best Indian restaurants around – Akbars is certainly picking up a lot of media attention for their giant hanging naan breads (The curry is good too)
5. Yang Sing (Chinese) 0161 236 2200 – 34 Princess Street, M1 4JY
A firm Manchester favourite – Love it or hate the attention, you cant ignore this popular Chinese restaurant
6. The Grill On The Alley (English) 0161 833 3465 – 5 Ridgefield, M2 6EG
A real swanky but down to earth restaurant for any occasion – Prices are a little on the high end side to say the menu rarely changes, but certainly a wise choice of places to try.
7. Shimla Pinks (Indian) 0161 831 7099 – Crown Square, M3 3HA
Shimla Pinks is nothing too different from most good Indian restaurants, the prices are reasonable, the dishes are normal, but this place seems to get packed out with celebrities – Always a fun and friendly night at “Shimlas”
8. Restaurant Bar & Grill (English) 0161 839 1999 – 14 John Dalton Street, M2 6JR
Great food just as you would hope and expect in this trendy restaurant, I would say this place is ever so popular, because of the excellent downstairs bar (And of course the cocktails)
9. Koh Samui (Thai Traditional) 0161 237 9511 – 16 Princess Street, M1 4NB
Probably the most authentic Thai restaurant around, the Koh Samui serves up “real” Thai food by real chefs from “Koh Samui” – A very popular restaurant, and certainly not fabricated to a European palatte, this is the real deal!